Environmental Awarenessprint page
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT STATEMENT OF INTENT
This statement describes Circle’s commitment to corporate effective environmental management into all operations.
Based on the nature of our activities Circle believes that our actions can have an impact on the environment and generally on third parties in both short and long term events. Therefore we must consider all environmental issues very seriously. Circle will not avoid its responsibilities and is aware of the possible consequences of a failure in our commitment. This commitment will be supported by continual improvement, adequate funding, general and specific training and promotion of a “Green Culture” within the company.
Circle environmental objectives will be established annually and, when possible unit-specific environmental targets set. Each unit’s performance will be measured and reported similarly to enable conclusions to be drawn and corrective action plan to be established.
We are committed to continual improvement, to reduce energy consumption and waste production, and to minimise emissions to air, land and water. We are also committed to complying with applicable environmental legislation, contractual requirements and recognised good practice in our activities. Circle will focus particularly on the following points: Evaluate and manage the use of energy and natural resources to minimise cost and impact through review of our politics on each site and through changes of our behaviour
- Promote a “Green Culture” amongst our employees and managers
- Ensure that all our equipment and installations comply with relevant regulations and standards to minimise risk of pollution
- Minimise risk of accidental pollution through monitoring and inspection of all relevant equipment and installations
- Formally identify, monitor and minimise as far as reasonably practicable emissions to air, land and water
- Ensure that all emissions, wherever they are liquid, solid or gaseous, are within limits set by the competent authority
- Minimise waste, search and promote any possibility to recycle the largest part of our waste as possible
- Ensure that all type of waste are rightfully segregated, properly stored prior to collection by licensed contractors and disposed of accordingly to relevant regulations
- Ensure that all the necessary administrative and legal paperwork are up to date and easily accessible for inspection
- Ensure the health and safety of all employees and contractors, in particular when dealing with clinical waste and special waste
- Ensure that all contractor are properly qualified for the task our company employ them
- Ensure full co-operation with competent authority at any time
- Promote the creation of environmental management systems in line with international standards such as ISO 14001 or EMAS.