Health & Safetyprint page
HEALTH & SAFETY
Circle recognises health and safety is an integral part of its business performance and that successful management is critical for continuing business success. It is our commitment to develop a culture that supports the management of health and safety at all levels and ensures the financial and physical resources, the competency of its employees and the provision of any necessary expert advice to secure regulatory compliance and best practice standards.
Circle has adopted the principles described in the HSE document ‘Successful Health and Safety Management’ HSG65 and the organisational arrangements for the implementation and maintenance of the health and safety management system are outlined in the company health and safety management strategy.
Circle achieves its aims of its policy by:
- Actively managing risk through the processes of risk identification, assessment and control;
- Ensuring work activities are performed by competent persons or persons under competent supervision through the provision of appropriate information and training;
- Managing its facilities to ensure the health and safety of staff, patients, contractors, visitors and other stakeholders affected by its operations;
- Co-operating and coordinating with other employers with whom it shares a workplace to manage health and safety risks;
- Consulting with Employees’ representatives for health and safety through the health and safety committees;
- Continually improving performance through inspection audit and review;
- Planning for the management of, and recovery from, any major threats and incidents that could adversely affect or severely disrupt normal operations;
- Maintaining and making available approved comprehensive health and safety policies, safe systems of work and guidance for all Circle premises.
All employees are required to take reasonable care for their own health and safety and others who may be affected by their actions and omissions, and cooperate with Circle to ensure the effective discharge of its responsibilities.
Circle expects all business functions, sites and employees to perform their duties within the context of the company’s commitment to achieve the highest standards across all aspects of the business and to openly communicate health and safety performance to all interested parties.